The advancement in technology has made it both fun and easy to print vinyl stickers. Today, as long as you have a printer that can print vinyl stickers, you can easily create and customize them. Choosing a printer can either be a difficult or easy decision. However, the most crucial factor to consider is the type of material you will be printing.
Before making any purchase option, start by asking yourself, “what exactly do I need this printer for?”. Because today’s market is flooded with different kinds of printer options, finding the best printer for vinyl stickers can take a bit of time. This is because it’s vital that you start by researching the different printer options that are available and whether they meet and match your needs.
To help you make a quick decision, we have reviewed some of the best printers that you can consider buying for vinyl sticker printing.
Canon Pixma Pro-100 Printer
Canon is a household name when it comes to printers. The Canon Pixma Pro is not only a high performing printer, but it also boasts of a solid build. It comes packed with lots of features, making it an excellent choice for printing vinyl stickers.
- Enjoying realistic and flawless printing thanks to the individual eight dye-based inks
- Ability to print images that come out exactly like the ones that appear on your smartphone or computer
- Enjoy printing stunning prints or image sin both black and white thanks to the three dedicated grayscale inks
- Features the OIG system that helps the printer choose the best color or ink combination needed to deliver the best quality print that has a natural color
- The OIG system can also detect the various type of print materials such as vinyl which allows the printer to make a calculated decision when it comes to density, color, tone, and reflection
- You will be buying from a brand that is a household name when it comes to printer manufacturing
- Has a firm build and is a high performing
- This printer’s construction incorporates the latest technology to help deliver prints that are high-quality
- Has a two-paper feeder system – one feeder is used for the most commonly used media while the other feeder is for thick paper such as vinyl
- It’s expensive
Epson SureColor P600 Printer
The Epson SureColor P600 is another great printer choice for vinyl stickers. With this printer, you are rest assured that you will be getting professional, high-quality prints. Besides, it’s easy to use and supports both Android and iOS devices.
- This printer comes with very advanced features and can print multiple types of media with excellent quality
- Excellent printer for wide sticker printing as it can print up to 13-inches of wide media
- Has the ability to meet all your vinyl printing needs and requirements
- Comes equipped with an eight Ultra Chrome HD pigment ink that guarantees professional quality print that is highly durable
- Boasts of three different black ink levels that result in an amazing black and white print notwithstanding the print material used
- Enjoy uninterrupted printing thanks to the high capacity ink cartridges that can hold more than 25ml of ink
- Enjoy versatility and convenience thanks to the different connectivity options that this Epson printer comes with
- Has a user-friendly touchscreen interface that makes using this printer easy and fun
- Supports different types of media such as vinyl, canvas, plain paper, photo paper, glossy photo paper giving you the freedom to print whatever it is that you want
- Some customer have complained about black and white printing stopping prematurely when printing
HP OfficeJet 5255 Printer
The HP brand is another household name that is trusted when it comes to printers and laptops. HP OfficeJet 5255 printer is an excellent all-in-one budget printer that is not only affordable but comes packed with features that make printing vinyl stickers a breeze.
- One of the best all-in-one printers for anyone on a budget
- It’s affordable, highly reliable and produces quality prints
- Packed with all the features that you’d need for printing high-quality vinyl stickers
- Has exceptional printing speeds that make it fast without compromising on the quality of your prints
- You can connect your smartphone to this printer allowing you the freedom of printing from your smartphone
- Features a user-friendly touchscreen that’s easy to use and is also a lot more convenient
- You can opt for the HP Instant Ink service or the Amazon dash replenishment that ensures you never run out of ink when printing
- For a stable connection, this HP printer has a Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connection option
- It comes in four different styles giving you the freedom to choose it in a style that suits your needs
- The auto-document feeder can hold up to 35 pages, and it also has an automatic two-sided printing feature
- The white and black prints are not high-quality
Brother MFC-J805DW Printer
Brother is known to manufacture printers that have a solid build with the ability to handle a wide array of printing needs. It’s not a surprise that our list wouldn’t be complete without a Brother printer that is perfect for printing vinyl stickers.
- It’s affordable and has great features
- Boasts of features that can make it outperform other pricier printers
- Perfect printer for anyone with a small business or small office given the size
- This printer has a huge ink storage tank that can last up to a year hence the “INKvestment Tank” name
- The huge storage tank helps you save money and cut on your ink costs
- The huge ink storage tank ensures that you have enough ink to customize and print your vinyl stickers without having to worry about your ink running low
- It has the page gauge feature from Brother that lets you know the amount of ink you have left as well as the number of prints you can get with the remaining ink
- You can wirelessly manage and organize your prints from your smartphone or tablet as well as scan and print wirelessly over Wi-Fi or Google cloud
- Has an automatic duplex or two-sided printing that saves you paper and money
- Doesn’t have an ethernet option neither does it support flash memory
Canon TS9120 Printer
Now, I know you are wondering another Canon printer? Well, Canon makes some of the best printers for various requirements. However, this particular Canon model is the best value when it comes to vinyl sticker printing.
- This printer offers incredible features at its price range and is able to deliver amazing prints
- Price considered, this Canon TS9120 is a high-quality printer
- You can print, copy and scan using this printer
- Boasts of a 5-inch touchscreen display that you can use to navigate the printer’s program
- Has both Ethernet and Bluetooth connectivity
- The Bluetooth connectivity allows you to access your printer using your tablet or smartphone
- Designed with six individual ink systems that help ensure maximum print results, depth, color and clarity
- Comes with an inbuilt card reader that helps make printing convenient and easy
- This printer comes in three different styles – printer only, printer and ink bundle as well as printer, ink and paper bundle
- Has a print resolution of 4800 by 120o dots with an automatic expandable output tray
- Supports Blue-ray printing as well as CD/DVD printing
- Has a front and rear paper support that allows you to fit different type of media including vinyl
- It’s available in three different colors – gray, black and gold
- Ink runs out a lot faster
Epson WorkForce WF-7710 Printer
If you’re in search of a wide format printer for your vinyl stickers, then look no further than the Epson WorkForce WF-7710 printer. Besides being sold in three different styles, this Epson printer gives you excellent performance thanks to the features it comes loaded with.
- It’s a versatile printer that can be used to print different types of vinyl
- This printer is easy to set up and is very user-friendly
- Features the Precision Core software that allows you to enjoy performance beyond laser
- Ability to print borderless prints that measure 13 by 19-inches
- It’s very economical as it uses about 80 percent less power compared to other colored laser printers
Ability to handle different types of paper with a 250-sheet tray and a rear feed tray that handles specialty paper and can hold up to 125-sheets of paper
- Two-sided document printing as well as ability to copy, fax and scan
- Comes with a 35-page automatic document feeder
- Easily control and navigate the system using the 4.3-inches colored touchscreen display screen
- You can print your favorite vinyl stickers from your smartphone or tablet via NFC, Ethernet or Wi-Fi
- Supports both iOS and Android devices
- The printer’s rollers may crash from time to time after some years
Although the market may be flooded with different printer models from various brands, there is not a one-size-fits-all when it comes to buying one. In fact, to prevent buyer’s remorse, it’s important that you understand what features various printers have before buying them. Most importantly, you need to consider the type of print material you will be using every now and then as well as your printing frequency.
For instance, if you own a small business, you’d want to be able to print more for less.
As such, going for a printer that will save you both paper and ink costs, such as the Brother MFC-J805DW Printer, will help you get a return on your investment. That said, printing needs vary from one individual to the other. It’s important that you find a printer that works for your needs and requirements.