Will the print be precisely as needed is a question that lingers in the mind of most crafters. As a crafter, you have probably wondered if the output of your print will be as you imagined or if your design’s format is something that will work with a printer. Finding the right printer to finalize your craft design is not always easy. It is important for DIY hobbyists and crafters to seek out a printer that is capable of handling the different kinds of projects. While most printers can print images and simple craft pieces just fine, crafters who are serious about their craft, need a machine that can match up to their passion. In this article, we have curated a list of top-rated printers that are more than ideal for crafters. From scrapbooks to greeting cards, to professional photos and paper crafts, the printers listed below can instantaneously bring your next craft project to life. These printers will make expressing your creative side a breeze in the park, particularly if you select one whose features you can maximize to the fullest.
Brother HL-3170CDW Digital Color Printer
Any crafter looking for a printer that is reliable, versatile, and works extremely fast should consider the Brother HL-3170CDW as it is a brilliant choice for you. This printer brags a compact design, and it is packed with a good number of features like wireless connectivity and duplexing, which are ideal for crafters. Going for a pretty reasonable price, the Brother HL-3170CDW is designed to fit small to medium-sized crafters as it can effortlessly print up to 23 PPM (pages per minute).
It has one of the highest quality outputs regardless of whether the design is black or colored. The printer also includes wireless printing options where users can print directly from their tablets, phones, and other mobile devices through, Google Cloud Print, Apple Airprint, Wi-Fi direct, and the Brother Print app. Its other additional features include a manual feed slot, which is perfect for printing specialty paper, small envelopes and other thick media, a 250-sheet paper tray, and various connectivity options such as a USB port and Ethernet.
- Users can opt into the Amazon Dash replenishment service when they purchase this printer. This basically means that the printer automatically measures its toner levels, and when it starts running low, a replacement toner is ordered from Amazon.
- It can handle different types of media.
- The quality of prints, particularly the colored ones, is exceptional.
- The printer has a variety of features that help users save on costs.
- The printer does not have scanning or faxing abilities.
- Its upfront cost is relatively high
Canon PIXMA PRO-100
Featuring eight dye-based ink cartridges, the PIXMA PRO-100 is an exceptional printer for crafters. This printer does not disappoint with the output that it produces as both the monochromatic and color prints are outstanding. With features such as a two-way paper feed that is compatible with several different types of paper, and a manual rear feed, which makes printing thicker page sizes and standalone shots effortless, it is easy to see why this printer is a favorite amongst crafters. The PIXMA PRO-100 is highly rated by crafters mostly because it facilitates printing on media as large as 13 x 19 inches without compromising on the details or sharpness of the image.
- Crafts printed using the PRO-100 retain their clarity and detail. This can be attributed to the printer’s eight ink cartridges.
- The printer is usually accompanied with the Print Studio Pro software, which allows for crafters to create even more.
- Users can effortlessly print from their mobile devices.
- The printer’s ink cartridge can be quite costly, especially considering that the upfront cost of purchasing the printer is not low.
- The printer has a low page yield, which only drives the cost upwards as one has to frequently purchase ink.
- Several users have complained that the printer experiences several technical issues such as drying out which is a common issue with inkjet printers that have not been used for a while
Epson EcoTank ET-2720 Wireless Color All-in-One Supertank Printer
If you are a crafter who produces their work in bulk, the Epson EcoTank ET-2720 is the ideal printer for you as it provides high-quality prints at a low cost. The printer features a 1.44” non-touch color display, various connectivity options, 100-sheet paper tray, amongst others. Its printing speeds are also pretty decent as it manages to print 5 pages per minute for colored prints and 10.5 pages per minute for monochrome prints. This printer works well for crafters as it reproduced prints with little to no flaws, capturing the details of prints exceptionally well. It is also a great deal for any crafter looking to save money on printing costs as it comes with plenty ink to print close to 7,500 black prints and/or 6,000 colored prints.
- The printer is super lightweight and extremely compact, which means it occupies a small amount of space.
- Print quality is excellent.
- Unlike other printers of the same caliber, the cost of running the ET-2720 is low.
- The printer does not have an automatic document feeder or auto duplexing capabilities.
- In comparison to other printers, its paper capacity is low.
- Crafters cannot use memory cards with this printer, and it lacks Ethernet connectivity.
Epson Expression Photo HD XP-15000 Color Wide format Printer
This printer is perfect for crafters as it produces ultra-high-definition prints, thanks to the printer’s advanced inkjet technology. Consisting of features such as the 6-color Claria Photo HD inks and a resolution of 5760 x 1440 dpi. The printer has different ways through which it handles media, therefore, making it easy for crafters to use specialized and standard media. It is fitted with a 200-sheet front feed, a 50-sheet rear tray, a 2.4″ color LCD screen, a USB port, and Ethernet connectivity. Additionally, it also has an inbuilt Wi-Fi connectivity options, which facilitates mobile printing procedures.
- This printer has an energy-saving feature that ensures users are able to save up on costs.
- Crafters can print directly from their phones through services such as Google Cloud Print, Apple AirPrint, Mopria Print Service, Fire OS printing, Android printing as well as Epson’s Connect Solutions.
- It is can effortlessly manage different media types that a lot of crafters tend to use for their projects.
- The printer is super light, which is rather unexpected for an oversize printer.
- It can print borderless images from as small as 4 x 6 inches to as big as 13 x 19 inches.
- The photo quality is one of the best we have seen, and we attribute this to the printer’s use of Claria Photo HD inks that produce exceptional output quality.
- The printer is not compatible with other third-party cartridges. Crafters are limited to using Epson cartridges only, which could be rather costly.
- In comparison to other printers within its range, the Expression Photo HD XP-15000 has slower printing speeds.
Choosing a crafters printer requires that one considers several things before settling for their final device. Some of the factors that crafters have to keep in mind include but are not limited to:
The type of printer: because the market is saturated with a variety of printers, it is crucial that the first decision one has to make is deciding if they would prefer a laser or inkjet printer. Each of the printer types have advantages and disadvantages, and a crafter has to determine which one best meets their needs.
For example, laser printers are much faster than inkjet printers, and this could affect the capacity of a crafter.
Bending and Folding: while most users would not put this in mind when choosing a printer, the same cannot be said for crafters as they to pay attention to the whether their printer of choice folds papers.
For crafters, it is recommended that they select a printer with both a front and rear feed to ensure that their papers or any other media is not folded during the printing process.
Media Size: different crafters use different media sizes or a combination of the media to create their craft. It is, therefore, important for a crafter to verify if their intended media size is supported by the printer or not.
Resolution: print quality is of great importance for crafters, and the higher the resolution of the printer, the better the output quality. As a crafter looking to secure a printer, it is advisable that you choose a printer with a 600-dpi resolution or higher.
Ink replacement cost: before you go out and purchase a printer, it is advisable that you review the cost of replacing your ink. This is because some cartridges tend to be more expensive than the actual printer. Take your time to do your research bearing in mind the materials you will be using as well as how frequently you intend to print.
We hope you found this article to be insightful, and when you purchase your printer, do let us know which printer you chose and why?