Quilting is a relaxing activity that involves the use of your hands and creative juices. If you are just starting out, we suggest that you familiarize yourself with the process by making a simple your three-layer quilt. It is a straightforward process, all you need to do is follow these steps:
- Place the cotton fabric on a flat surface. Secure with masking tape, make sure that the fabric is taut. Smooth everything out, you don’t want any wrinkles or tucks.
- Take the top fabric over the wadding and tack all three layers together. This is where your knitting skills will come into play as you will need to secure them with rows of stitches.
- Once tacked, you may remove the masking tape. Again, make full use of your quilt stitches and ensure that everything is kept regular.
- Find your rhythm and continue the process
- Once everything is done, pull the beginning and end knots through the layers into the wadding.
Keep in mind that you need to invest in quality equipment – especially on the quilting thread. You want the thread to glide seamlessly through the fabric. Of course, there is no better teacher than experience, so be sure to give this a try.