Paper cutters are very special parts of our lives especially if you work around office or school premises. It always seems like there is one need or the other to adjust the size or alter the look of a paper. This has been made easy and convenient all thanks to paper cutters.
We have compiled the best paper cutters available in the market today that will serve you for ages to come. These can serve you on the tenth year just as it did on the first day you used it to cut a paper.
Swingline Paper Trimmer, Guillotine Paper Cutter
Guillotine paper cutters have one blade which is manually operated to cut a paper. This particular brand, however, has the extra unique features that make it one of the best paper cutters available in the market today. In fact, this paper cut has also been named as the ClassicCut Pro because of its functionalities.
To begin with, this paper cutter has a durable construction. It has a sturdy wood base that can make the paper cutter to last for ages. Its guillotine blade is self-sharpening ad it is designed for nothing else but accuracy. This is made even easier and better by the alignment grid for precision.
To measure the size of the paper you wish to cut off, the dual scale ruler in this paper cutter will help you with just that. It also has a metal cutting arm that is easy to use and hard to break. Its 15″ cutting length makes it a reliable option for everyday trimming tasks. It is also designed with some safety features like the guard rails which protect the fingers. There is also the blade latch that locks the trimmer.
- It has a 10 years warranty.
- It has a durable construction.
- It has safety features like the guard rails.
- It is designed for accuracy.
- It has a dual grade ruler for precision.
- The guillotine blade is self-sharpening.
- It is highly reliable.
- It cuts up to 15 sheets of paper at a go.
- It cuts through thicker materials like clipboards.
- It is of superior quality.
- The blades cannot be replaced.
- The ruler starts with the 1-inch mark. It has no 0 mark.
HFS Guillotine Paper Cutter
This is a heavy-duty steel base paper cutter that has a hardened steel cutting blade. It slices through a huge stack of paper all at once and is ideal for heavy commercial work. It is a commercial-grade quality per se, and its unique features make it even more perfect.
One of its impressive qualities is its very sharp guillotine blade which can easily cut through 400 pieces of paper stuck together. It also has an adjustable paper clamp for pressurizing the cut area. This means that the papers do not shift during the cutting process but instead stay clamped in place.
HFS Guillotine Paper Cutter is pre-assembled and it can be used straight out of the box. Its 12” length is efficient to be used in prepping posters. It is also ideal for sizing large books. This machine has rubber footings for stability purposes. It has a special hinge for reducing the strength and the force applied during the cutting process.
- It has a replaceable blade.
- It has a special hinge system for force reduction.
- It has a scratch-resistant coating.
- It is ready to use.
- Its paper clamp is adjustable.
- It has a solid steel construction.
- It is commercial grade quality.
- It has safety features.
- It is a time saver.
- Its precision is not on point.
- The packaging grease will affect your first paper cuts.
- It is heavy.
Westcott ACM15106 TrimAir Titanium Wood Guillotine Paper Trimmer
This paper cutter seems to have it all when it comes to power, and the force expended. To begin with, it has a very attractive and contemporary design. It has a natural sophisticated wood base with a very comfortable ergonomic handle.
Any average paper cutter is known to produce only ten pieces of paper per cut. This one, however, can work on as many as 30 sheets of paper simultaneously. This saves you a lot of time and its production is three-times more compared to the average paper cutter.
Its safety features are also on another level. The handle features anti-microbial protection. In addition to that, it has a safety guard for added protection which makes this machine very convenient and safe to use. To keep the blade sharp for a longer period, this machine uses proprietary titanium bonded technology.
- It has an attractive and contemporary design.
- It is 3 times productive than the average paper cutter.
- It stays sharper for long periods.
- It is fitted with a safety guard.
- The handle is comfortable.
- The quality is excellent.
- It is very convenient.
- It does not handle large-sized papers.
- The guide is a bit misleading.
- It does not cut square.
Fiskars SureCut Trimmer
This super blade is manufactured by one of the most reputable paper cutter manufacturers in the world. This blade is ideal for trimming office paper and coupons among other materials. It has unmatched accuracy and it only offers very smooth straight cuts. It is also very affordable and the size of this one is affordable.
SureCut Portable Trimmer comes with a patented Triple Track System. This system helps to interlock the blade and rails in place. This will give straight and steady cuts on any piece of paper that is being worked on. To reduce friction and maintain the sharpness on the blade, the blade itself is coated with titanium.
This ergonomic workmanship is designed to cut up to seven sheets of paper at once. It has a reliable grip that is very comfortable and rubber on its legs to prevent it from sliding around while it is in use. It also comes with a lifetime warranty.
- It gives unmatched accuracy.
- It is easy to use.
- It has a comfortable grip.
- The rubber base helps it to stand firm.
- It is affordable.
- The blades are easily replaceable.
- Its Triple Track System has been patented.
- The titanium enables it to maintain its sharpness.
- It is ergonomic.
- It is portable.
- It is not ideal for cutting a thick stuck of papers.
- It is not as powerful as guillotine blades.
CARL Rotary Paper Trimmer
This heavy-duty workmanship is both reliable and complete with a storage compartment. It has a carbide blade that is powered to cut through 36 stuck of papers. It also has an adjustable magnetic paper guide in its system. Its excellent features make this cutter an excellent choice for very demanding projects.
To hold the papers in place during the cutting process, this paper cutter is fitted with a patented locking rail mechanism. The premium carbide blade will on the other hand helps to give a precise slice through the stack of papers. It cuts through a standard of 20-pounds paper.
This 15-inch rotary paper trimmer provides convenient spare blades and cutting mats. Because of the excellent superior grade materials used to construct this paper cutter, it is safe to say that the cutter is of excellent quality. This machine however comes with a limited lifetime warranty. Besides that, however, it is very sturdy workmanship and an excellent choice you can ever pick.
- It is a heavy-duty blade.
- Comes with a magnetic paper guide.
- It has a storage compartment.
- Papers are held firmly during cutting.
- It gives accurate and precise cuts.
- It cuts a bulk of 36 sheets of paper.
- It has a sturdy metal base.
- It has a locking rail mechanism.
- It is of superior quality.
- It has a limited warranty.
- It is not good with light office/home projects.
Things You Should Consider When Buying a Paper Cutter
Choosing the best paper cutter to suit your needs is not a walk in the park. You need to know the bulk of work you need to use it for, how much you are willing to spend among other factors. Here is a handy guide to help you choose the best paper cutter to suit your needs.
When shopping for paper cutters, the first thing you need to look at is the blade. A sharp blade will give you both precision and accuracy. A quality blade will perform its task more efficiently therefore picking blades like guillotine is the best choice you can make.
- User Friendly
Choose something easy to use without too much assembling and disassembling. There is no point in purchasing something which you will not have any idea of how to operate. Most of these paper cutters, however, come with a manual instruction for the user.
Go for something that is long-lasting and can stand all weather conditions. A rust-resistant blade is the best to choose. Also, a blade that does not easily lose its sharpness is worth investing your money on.