Most DIY projects require embossing machines to get that much-desired effects and perfection. In fact, you couldn’t get it right without these miracle-working machines. The best embossing machine will help you right through crafting which is a very gentle experience that requires only the best.
With so many brands advertising themselves as loudly as they can, getting the best embossing machine gets difficult and confusing altogether. We have put together this guide to help you through the choosing and the buying process.
Sizzix 657900 Embossing Machine
This portable machine comes with an adjustable Extended Multipurpose Platform for a paper to fabric. Its color scheme of powder blue and teal color makes this machine very attractive and pleasant. This machine is designed to accommodate different varieties of material from paper to fabric.
It works by allowing the artist to manipulate the material into preferred shapes and embossing desired textures. It is operated by just turning the handle to get the desired shapes. It also allows cutting several materials all at the same time. The machine also has standard cutting pads to give the artist a variety of cutting choices.
Big Shot Embossing Machine is used to create like invitation cards, scrapbooks, and even very beautiful home decors. They can also be used for altered arts and high-end fashion. Using this machine is a very easy task as all it requires is just a little pressure. Being a lightweight and portable machine, it is suitable to travel with and use it from place to place.
- It is a portable machine.
- It is easy to operate.
- It is multipurpose as it can be used for both cutting and embossing.
- It has an adjustable Extended Multipurpose Platform.
- It accustoms a variety of materials.
- It can cut many layers in one go.
- It comes in different colors.
- It gives creative options.
- It has a very small handle screw.
- It has a very short lifespan.
- It is not suitable for torque.
Bira Craft Die Cutting & Embossing Machine
This cutting & embossing machine is a big deal for an artist with its extra working area. One of its attractive features is its 31/8 feeding slot which makes a whole difference as compared to other embossing machines. This model is also designed in a way that suits beginners and professionals all at the same time.
This lightweight cutting & embossing machine comes at a very affordable price that makes it an outright steal. This machine is fitted with a suction cup which is designed to fit firmly in the working area. All you have to do is uplift lever while pressing down the red one and releasing it simultaneously.
This machine is compact, and it is not a very complicated model to use even for the first time. It cuts easily and very clean through the material. It is a durable model that can last you to your generations to come and it has 100% no-risk purchase to it. It also has a “How to use” video available for free on YouTube for the new users.
- It has a wide working space.
- It is highly durable.
- It is multipurpose for both cutting and embossing
- It is lightweight.
- It is pocket friendly.
- It can be used by both beginners and experienced artists.
- The cutting path uses real plates.
- It has a small plate for dies and cards.
- It cuts easy and clean.
- It is sturdy.
- It is suitable if you have less working space.
- It is beautiful.
- It is not suitable for thick vinyl.
- It is not recommended for leather, felt, and fabric.
Sizzix Texture Boutique Embossing Machine
This very attractive embossing machine design mimics the designer feminine handbag. You will simply fall in love with its thoughtful bearded handle. This makes it very attractive but highly functional all at the same time. This model can be used to design and make different cards to suit an occasion.
Besides invitation and card making, this machine is also perfect for embellishing. It is small in size and lightweight making it easy to be moved from place to place without too much fuss. It is also solidly built and very easy to store. This machine is also very pocket friendly, but this doesn’t compromise its quality and functionality.
This highly versatile machine is suitable for crafters who are just starting and the seasoned ones too. It works at a very great speed and it can emboss and embellish in a flash of seconds. It is compatible with embossing folders from other brands and it can work on a variety of materials.
- It is highly functional.
- It works at a high speed.
- It is of superior quality.
- It is very affordable.
- Its embossing folder is compatible with other brands.
- It is multipurpose.
- It is lightweight and portable.
- It has a sturdy built.
- It is easy to store.
- It is versatile.
- It is fashionable.
- Ideal for both beginners and seasoned artists.
- It is perfect for a gift package.
- It cannot emboss the entire paper (according to customer reviews).
- Some customers are not pleased with the quality.
Circuit 2000293 Cuttlebug Machine
This multipurpose Cuttlebug Machine is designed to accept the dyes that you already own. You can use this superior quality machine in almost just any material you love working on to cut and emboss as per your desires. It has the cutting dyes and embossing folders to serve the respective purposes they are built for.
This machine also gives the artist a portable option for the design and go projects. Its storage takes less space because of its fold-n-store design. Its built-in pop-up handle makes it very easy and comfortable to carry it around. The machine also has a strong stabilizing suction section.
This Cuttlebug comes with a variety of accessories in the box including the cutting pads and instruction booklets. In the content box, you will find a spacer and a flower embossing folder. You will find all the cutting pads you require for your crafting projects. This machine does not give size ranges to use for reshaping. It neither resizes the images too and it only relies on the embossing envelops.
- It delivers quality results.
- It is multipurpose.
- It is portable.
- It has a strong stabilizing suction section.
- It is a compact machine.
- It is easy to store.
- Its quality is superior.
- It does not give a size range for reshaping.
- It cannot resize images.
- It relies on embossing envelope sizes.
Spellbinders PL-001 Emboss Machine
This is one of the most advanced models. Its construction is designed with a solid steel core. This intellectual machine is designed to cut over 8 layers in a raw with expending too much effort. This machine is very easy to store and carry around for projects on the go as it can be folded up into an easy compact.
PL-001 Emboss Machine is an ultra-powerful machine with a considerable amount of cutting pressure. In fact, it can cut over 40 variety of materials. However, the heavier materials will require Contour Steel rule dies to cut perfectly well. The good news is this machine accepts most standard wafer-thin etched die. It can also be used with embossing folders and texture plates.
This machine has very small platinum plates therefore it can use texture plates and embossing folders mas earlier mentioned. It has an extra width that can be used for boxes and dimensional crafts. The platinum plates are clean and soft, and the mechanism of the entire machine is very easy to operate through the rotation. Despite the machine being big enough, you will need to buy the extra plates.
- It is constructed with a steel core.
- It cuts through 8 thick layers.
- It cuts over 40 variety of materials.
- It is easy to store.
- It is portable.
- It can be used with Wafer-thin/ etched dies among other accessories.
- It is effortless and ultra-powerful.
- It requires a set of plates at an extra cost.
- It can be difficult to slack.
What to Consider When Buying an Embossing Machine
- Compatibility-A good cutting & embossing machine should be compatible with other brands. This will help you to cut the cost of creating extra designs.
- Portability-A machine that is not easy to carry around can become very tough to use. When you are shopping for the embossing machines, portability should be on top of your list of the buying guide.
- Versatility-A versatile machine is both handy and beneficial to a crafter. A versatile machine can give an unlimited option and give a lot to do.
- Durable-Invest in a machine that can last you long and not serve you only for a few rounds. Also, be sure to check the product’s warranty and guarantee.
- Quality-A good machine should not break down after a few uses. A quality machine should not move and break when materials are introduced to it. A superior quality machine is easy to use and very reliable.